Few Diverse Global Players Dominate the Market Holding ~45% of Revenue Share Despite Presence of about ~150 Competitors Comprising a Large Number of Country-Niche Players and Some Specialist Players, finds a recent market study on North America Probiotics Food and Cosmetics Market by Ken Research.
Probiotics are live microorganisms that are known for inhibiting several health benefits when taken in adequate amounts or applied externally to the body. They can be found in various food products such as dietary supplements, yogurt, and other fermented foods. It can also be infused in beauty products so as to apply to the skin. Probiotics are a mix of live bacteria or yeast that are already present in the body and help it to work in the most efficient way. Probiotics have been used in fermented dairy products for centuries. In addition to providing basic nutritional value, probiotics have many health benefits and play an important role in the normal digestive process and maintenance of animal health. The application of probiotics in other industries is gradually increasing.
According to the research study, the North America Probiotics Food and Cosmetics Market is expected to record a positive CAGR of 10% during the forecast period (2022-2027) and cross US$ 20 Bn by 2027, due to the rising demand for probiotics products, notably in food and beverages.
“Ken Research shares 3 key insights on the competitive landscape of this dynamic market from its latest research study”
Global Players that Constitute Just 15% of Total Number of Competitors Hold Largest Revenue Share of 45% While Regional Companies Also Have a Strong Presence.
A comprehensive competitive analysis conducted during the Research Study found that the North America Probiotics Food and Cosmetics market is highly competitive with ~150 players which include globally diversified players, regional players as well as a large number of country-niche players having their own niche in probiotics food & beverage and cosmetics products for multiple industries. The large global players comprise about 15% in terms of the number of companies and hold ~45% of the market revenue share followed by regional players which account for ~35% of the market revenue. Most of the country-niche players are having few probiotics products for the food and cosmetic market. Some of these who successfully evolve to create bacterial strain probiotics often get acquired by large global players seeking to grow and diversify quickly.
Rising Awareness about Probiotics and their Long-Term Benefits and Broader Consumer Interest in Healthy Skin and Lifetime Selfcare Are Driving the Revenue Growth of this Market
Detailed comparative analysis of key competitors available within the Research Study shows that specialist players such as Probi, Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd, Esse Skincare, and BLIS Technologies are highly focused on providing a significant number of probiotic food and cosmetics products that can be used across multiple industries, including food & beverages, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and more. Furthermore, several companies and organizations are aggressively investing in Research & Development activities and are focusing on acquisitions and mergers with specialized players for the development of novel probiotics products for various end-user markets.
Request for Sample Report@ https://bit.ly/3UCjDi9
- In July 2022, researchers at the School of Health Sciences at Lindenwood University presented a research poster at the annual conference of the International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN), stating the protein absorption properties of the Leading spore-forming probiotic BC30. The research study is significant for food and beverage manufacturers as it indicates an additional benefit in plant-based products containing BC30.
- Nestle agreed on purchasing majority shares of a leading company in plant-based nutrition, Orgain, Inc. The acquisition will take place in 2024 and help the portfolio for plant-based nutritional products to expand. This will help the company to have growth in the market.
- In August 2021, BLIS Technologies expanded its portfolio with the launch of a new brand that contains probiotic strains specific to the skin. The company claims its new product to be the only one that utilizes a live strain of bacteria.
- ADM will begin the processing of ultra-high protein (UHP) products with the farm tech company Benson Hill and launch the commercialized product by 2023. This will help the company to grow its product portfolio in the future.
The Ongoing COVID-19 Led to a Significant Growth in the Demand for Probiotics to be used in Food and Beverages. Key Players have also witnessed a Surge in Demand from Consumers for Probiotics Food and Cosmetics
The Covid-19 crisis has brought diverse opportunities in the Probiotics Food and Cosmetic market as it offered numerous benefits that helped people fight the virus in the easiest way. Probiotics were used as supplements that proved to be an effective method for combating the virus. The COVID-19 pandemic has been largely acting as a catalyst for probiotic product demand in the U.S.
The global pandemic escalated the demand for immunity-boosting food products and supplements among people of every age group. In recent months, the use of probiotics is increasing gradually which can also be noticed in some of the major players in the market.
- According to a survey by Dupont Nutrition & Biosciences, the consumption of probiotic supplements in the US increased by 66% in mid-2020, and the daily usage also continues to increase. In the 2020 first quarter, DuPont witnessed growth in its Nutrition & Biosciences segment, with the probiotics section observing the strongest growth period.
- In April 2020, Probi reported the strongest sales of its probiotic products, observing a clear increase in interest in its immunity products.
Increased Government Initiatives in the Food and Beverage Industry, as well as New Stringent Strategies to Promote Probiotics Products Led to Major Industry-Wide Developments, Acquisitions, and Deal-Wins
- In February 2022, Kerry Group reached an agreement to acquire a leading biotechnology innovation company, c-Lecta. The acquisition will act as an opportunity and help the company in the expansion of its technology portfolio and manufacturing capabilities of bio-processing and bio-transformation of enzymes.
- In June 2022, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced the transformation of the food system for the benefit of consumers, producers, and rural communities. The framework included the Organic Certification and Transition Cost Share program, National Organic Program, and Farm and Food Worker Relief Grant Program. This framework helped in addressing the challenges in the middle of the supply chain in the food and beverage industry.
- In February 2022, Nestlé announced the acquisition of core brands of The Bountiful Company, including Osteo Bi-Flex®, Nature’s Bounty®, Puritan’s Pride®, Solgar®, Ester-C®, and Sundown®. The acquisition established the company as the industry leader in herbals, vitamins, minerals, and supplements.
- In January 2022, BioGaia AB acquired 100% shares of Nutraceutics Corporation through its US subsidiary, BioGaia Biologics Inc. The acquisition helped the company to extend its nutraceuticals product portfolio by merging the acquired company’s technologies and products.
- In November 2021, ADM announced the complete acquisition of Deerland Probiotics & Enzymes. The acquisition between nutrition and agricultural origination and enzymes & probiotics companies will help in the growth and expansion of the product portfolio related to probiotics.
- In July 2021, Probi acquired BLIS Technologies, a New Zealand-based probiotic company with an investment of USD 6.36 Mn. With this investment, Probi owned 13% of the company’s shares. This strategic partnership will help the company to grow its business in New Zealand, Australia, North America, and Europe.
- In April 2021, Kerry Group plc acquired a leading supplier of Ayurvedic botanical ingredients, Natreon, Inc. The acquired company is in the business of supplying scientifically tested Ayurvedic extracts to the functional food and beverage industry globally. The acquisition helped the company in technological growth and significantly expanded the company’s leadership position.
Key Topics Covered in the Report: –
- Snapshot of North America Probiotics Food and Cosmetics Market
- Industry Value Chain and Ecosystem Analysis
- Market size and Segmentation of North America Probiotics Food and Cosmetics Market
- Historic Growth of Overall North America Probiotics Food and Cosmetics Market and Segments
- Competition Scenario of the Market and Key Developments of Competitors
- Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of North America Probiotics Food and Cosmetics Industry
- Overview, Product Offerings, and SWOT Analysis of Key Competitors
- Covid 19 Impact on the Overall North America Probiotics Food and Cosmetics Market
- Future Market Forecast and Growth Rates of the Total North America Probiotics Food and Cosmetics Market and by Segments
- Analysis of Probiotics Food and Cosmetics Market in Major North America Countries
- Major Production / Consumption Hubs in the Major North American Countries
- Major Production/Supply and Consumption/Demand Hubs in Each Major North America Country
- Major Country-wise Historic and Future Market Growth Rates of the Total Market and Segments
- Overview of Notable Emerging Competitor Companies within Each Major Country
Major Companies Profiled in the Report: –
- Kerry Group plc.
- Estée Lauder Inc
- BLIS Technologies
- BioGaia AB
- Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd.
- Estée Lauder Inc
- Procter & Gamble
- H&H Group
- Esse Skincare
Notable Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
- Lallemand Inc.
- Lifeway Foods, Inc
- Ganeden, Inc.
- Deerland Probiotics & Enzymes Inc.
- KeVita, Inc.
- Evolve BioSystems
- Cell Biotech Co., Ltd.
- Probiotical S.p.A.
- NutraScience Labs
- LaFlore Probiotic Skincare
- The Clorox Company
Time Period Captured in the Report
- Historical Period: 2017-2021
- Forecast Period: 2022-2027F
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report
- Probiotics Food Manufacturers
- Probiotics Cosmetics Manufacturers
- Probiotics Beverages Manufacturers
- Bacteria Strain Suppliers for Probiotics Food
- Bacteria Strain Suppliers for Probiotics Cosmetics
- Organic Food Manufacturers
- Local Cosmetics Manufacturers
- Potential Investors in Probiotics Food Companies
- Potential Investors in Probiotics Cosmetics Companies
- Probiotics Food Distributors
- Probiotics Cosmetics Distributors
- Probiotics Beverages Distributors
- Probiotics Laboratory Technology and Service Providers
- Emerging and Startup Probiotics Companies in the Market
- Probiotics Strain Developing Institutes
- Probiotics Research Institutes
- Government Departments of Biotechnology
- Ministries and Departments of Food and Nutrition
- Ministries and Departments of Healthcare
- Ministries and Departments of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry
- Importers and Distributors of Probiotics Food
- Importers and Distributors of Probiotics Cosmetics
- Food and Nutrition Research Institutes
- Food and Nutrition Regulatory Authorities
For More Information on the Research Report, refer to below links: –
Related Report: –
Vietnam Nutraceutical Market Outlook to 2025 – By Dietary Supplements (Herbal Supplements, Vitamin and Minerals, Probiotics, Protein and Amino Acid Supplements, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Others), By Functional Beverages (Energy Drinks, Plant based and Malt based Hot Drinks Hot Drinks, and Sports Drinks), By Functional Foods (Dairy, Baby Food, Breakfast Cereals, Confectionery, Hi-Fiber Biscuits, Snack Bars and Fruit Snacks)
Contact Us: –
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications