Global Hand Dryers Market is Highly Competitive with the Presence of about ~250 Competitors Comprising a Large Number of Country-Niche Players, Regional Players, and Global Players, finds a recent market study by Ken Research
Hand dryers are electric equipment/machines used to dry hands after washing them. They usually have a heating element and an air blower through which the hand dryer is activated when the hand moves into its trail- “Ken Research shares 3 key insights on the competitive landscape of this dynamic market from its latest research study”
Country Niche Players Constitute ~70% of Total Number of Competitors While Regional Companies Represent 20% of the Total Competitors.
A comprehensive competitive analysis conducted during the Research Study found that the Global Hand Dryers market is highly competitive with ~250 players, including globally diversified players, regional players, and a large number of country-niche players with their niche technologies, such as airblade technology, high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters, UV light sterilization, and motion sensors. Furthermore, the explosive growth of the hospitality industry with the increasing number of restaurants, and hotels, combined with the recovery of international travel levels is creating lucrative investment opportunities for hand dryer manufacturers.
Specialist Players’ and Organizations’ Ongoing Efforts to Provide Hygiene Solutions with Advanced Technologies to End-User Industries Are Driving Revenue Growth In This Market.
Detailed comparative analysis of key competitors available within the Research Study shows that specialist electrical appliances companies such as Dan Dryer, TOTO, Dyson, Euronics, and more are highly focused on providing a significant number of healthcare solutions with advanced techniques that can be used across end-user industries. Such companies are proactively launching hygiene solutions/equipment as the demand for eco-friendly techniques grows globally, particularly following the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. Furthermore, several governments initiating campaigns, such as the Clean India Mission, and the use of Hygiene Products that lower the human touch in maintaining hygiene is gradually becoming necessary for commercial areas, such as hotels, malls, hospitals, schools, colleges, and office complexes, influencing companies to introduce more contactless hygiene products.
- In April 2022, Euronics, a Netherlands-based Retail Company, launched the NERO series of premium bathroom accessories, which included hand dryers, soap dispensers, and sensor taps. The company’s hand dryers are suitable for hotels, offices, airports, shopping malls, stores, and other public places as they save 80% more than conventional hand dryers. In addition, it also lowers the carbon footprint of paper dispensers by 70% and saves up to USD 517.32 (INR 40,000) per washroom per year when compared to paper dispensers.
- In December 2021, Dan Dryer, a Denmark-based supplier of commercial and public toilet equipment/solutions, launched its LOKI product range, which comprised the LOKI Hand Dryer and the LOKI Disinfection Stand, in collaboration with VE2, a Danish design agency. Such products are designed with clean graphics that complement the surrounding structural features, such as windows, doors, and wall surfaces.
- In October 2019, Excel Dryer Inc., a S.-based manufacturer of hand dryers, sold nearly USD 40 million worth of dryers a year, the majority of which are used in public restrooms such as airports and casinos, as well as Starbucks and Walmart stores across the U.S.
The Ongoing COVID-19 has Noticeably Contributed to the Widespread Adoption of Hand Dryers across Countries.
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic moderately impacted the global supply of hand dryers in 2020, owing primarily to the closure of shopping malls, hotels, restaurants, and offices to prevent the virus’s spread. As a result, product demand in such industries suffered. However, increased demand for hand dryers in hospitals boosted product demand in this healthcare sector. The upsurge is primarily attributed to an increase in the number of COVID patients admitted to hospitals, as well as concerns regarding contamination, which drive the adoption of hand dryers, especially those equipped with high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters, in hospitals worldwide. HEPA filters typically help in retaining the majority of the particles found in the air, such as viruses, bacteria, dust, dust mites, pet dander, and other irritating allergens, that are harmful to human health.
- For instance, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), a U.S.-based government agency responsible for environmental protection matters, HEPA filters can remove at least 99.97% of dust, mold spores, fungi, bacteria, and any airborne particles larger than 0.3 microns (m).
- According to The American Institute of Architects (AIA), a government organization, Excel Dryer’s HEPA filtration system, which is equipped with its hand dryers, was verified and tested to eliminate 99.999% of viruses from the airstream in 2021, an additional level of protection against germs.
Increasing Government Initiatives, Strategies, and Investments in Hygiene Technologies and Solutions, Notably Supporting Hand Hygiene is Propelling the Hand Dryers Market Growth.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, government-led investment and involvement in life sciences were relatively limited worldwide, with the industry relying primarily on private funding. Several governments across countries are exhibiting their strategic vision of promoting a culture of hand hygiene by enacting new hand hygiene requirements in institutional settings, particularly in healthcare, where prevention and control of infections are critical for patient safety.
- In September 2022, the UK government announced a USD 159.92 billion (£150 billion) package to help cut rising energy bills. The government accumulated a list of the most effective green advancements and strategies that, all within the workplace, could help businesses mitigate the effects of increasing energy costs. For instance, replacing paper towels in the bathroom with eco-friendly hand dryers can save thousands of dollars in the purchase, cleaning, maintenance, and disposal costs. Since paper towels are infrequently recycled, so replacing them with eco-friendly hand dryers could reduce carbon emissions by 79%.
- In May 2020, the UK Government joined forces with global health authorities, such as World Health Organization (WHO), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to endorse the use of hand dryers throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Snapshot of Global Hand Dryers Market
- Industry Value Chain and Ecosystem Analysis
- Market size and Segmentation of Global Hand Dryers Market
- Historic Growth of Overall Global Hand Dryers Market and Segments
- Competition Scenario of the Market and Key Developments of Competitors
- Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of Global Hand Dryers Industry
- Overview, Product Offerings, and Strength & Weakness of Key Competitors
- Covid-19 Impact on the Overall Global Hand Dryers Market
- Future Market Forecast and Growth Rates of the Total Global Hand Dryers Market and by Segments
- Market Size of Product Type, Mode of Operations, Technology, and End User Segments with Historical CAGR and Future Forecasts
- Analysis of Global Hand Dryers Market
- Major Production/Supply and Consumption/Demand Hubs within Each Region
- Major Region-Wise Historic and Future Market Growth Rates of the Total Market and Segments
- Overview of Notable Emerging Competitor Companies within Each Region
Major Companies Profiled in the Report
- World Dryer
- American Specialties Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Panasonic Holdings Corporation
- Excel Dryer
- Euronics Industries Pvt Ltd
- Hokwang Industries Co., Ltd.
- Bobrick Washroom Equipment, Inc.
- Jaquar India
- Saniflow Hand Dryer Corporation
- SPL NZ
Notable Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
- Palmer Fixture Company
- SPL Ltd.
- Taishan Jieda Electrical Co. Ltd
- TOTO LTD.
- Bio Jetdrier
- The Hygiene Company
- Warner Howard Limited
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report
- Electric Appliance Companies
- Household Appliance Companies
- Consumer Electronics Products Manufacturers
- Technology Providers for hand Dryers
- Components (Electric Motor, the Fan Blade, Copper Wiring) Manufacturers
- Global Healthcare Agencies (WHO, Meditech, CDC)
Period Captured in the Report
- Historical Period: 2017-2021
- Forecast Period: 2022E-2028F
For More Information on The Research Report, Refer to Below Link: –
Contact Us: –
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications