Few Diverse Global Players Dominate the Market Holding ~50% of Revenue Share Despite Presence of about 200 Competitors Comprising a Large Number of Country-Niche Players and Some Specialist Players, finds a recent market study on Europe Electric Powertrain Market by Ken Research
Global Players Who Comprise 4% in Terms of Number of Competitors Hold Dominant Revenue Share
Competitive Analysis by the research study found that the Europe Electric Powertrain market is highly competitive with ~200 players which include globally diversified players, regional players as well as a large number of country-niche players having their niche in electric powertrain development and execution for specific segments. The large global players even though comprise just about 4% in terms of the number of companies, hold ~50% of the market revenue share followed by regional players which account for ~35% of the market revenue. Most of the country-niche players are component suppliers and OEMs.
Specialist Players within Europe Electric Powertrain Market Earn a Major Chunk of their Overall Revenues from this Segment
Detailed Comparative Analysis of Key Competitors done within the research study revealed that for specialist players such as BorgWarner and Dana Limited, the companies’ electric powertrain businesses generate ~85% and ~71% of their global revenues. While for diverse players these can be anywhere in the range of 15% to 35% as per the analysis done in the study on the Europe Electric Powertrain Market. All leading global competitors are having a strong presence in the Europe Electric Powertrain market and offer comprehensive Electric Powertrain solutions to all major OEMs and Automobile companies.
- In 2020 and 2021, European Investment Bank signed €1.6 billion in investments toward electric vehicles and battery projects for the EU Members.
- In December 2021, European Union under the EU state’s aid rules approved a €3 billion Spanish scheme for research, development, and innovation for value chain companies under electric and connected vehicles.
- The Towards zero emission road transport (2Zero) is a co-programmed partnership funded under the Horizon Europe program to accelerate zero tailpipe emission road mobility across Europe. 2Zero funded several projects under electric mobility such as 3 projects that amounted to €22.5 million dealing with electric vehicles drivetrain, 11 projects for batteries manufacturing, and testing that cost €74.4 million, and others.
Request for Sample Report@ https://bit.ly/3f5BlKv
During and Post-COVID Pandemic, EV Purchases Gained Momentum across Europe Resulting in Surging Demand for Electric Powertrains
With the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic across the world, crude oil supply chains started getting disrupted, resulting in rising prices of diesel and petrol in various countries. The pandemic also inspired consumers to opt for solutions that would be health and environment-friendly. Compounded by government subsidies in many countries across the EU, the sales and demand for EVs and Electric Powertrain witnessed an exponential surge. Analysis of the latest available industrial data shows that in 2020 nearly 2.8 million fewer petrol cars were registered in Europe, compared to 2019. In 2021, the number went down further by nearly 0.9 million. The number of diesel cars also witnessed drops of nearly 1.4 million units and 0.8 million units from 2019 to 2020 and from 2020 to 2021 respectively. All this while, the number of EVs sold kept increasing. For instance, in 2019, a little more than 742,000 new HEVs were registered in Europe, which grew to more than 1.1 million in 2020 and more than 1.9 million in 2021. Both BEV and PHEVs witnessed a 10X surge from 2017 to 2021.
Increased adoption of Electric Powertrain in Europe leading to major industry-wide developments, acquisitions, collaborations, and deal-wins
- In August 2022, Cummins acquired Meritor Inc. a global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking, aftermarket, and Electric Powertrain. The integration of Meritor’s product and capabilities in the axle and brake technology will position Cummins as a leading provider of integrated powertrain solutions across internal combustion, and electric power applications.
- In June 2022 Dana’s operations in the UK were awarded US$2.7 Million by OX Delivers to develop e-powertrains that would be used in the world’s first flat-pack utility vehicle.
- In January 2022, Magna came under a partnership with Volkswagen to provide secondary edrive systems for Volkswagen’s MEB Platform. The HASCO Magna Electric Drive System Co. Ltd (HME) in Germany started production of secondary eDrive systems for the Volkswagen ID.4 electric crossover.
- Delphi Technologies PLC was established in the UK and acquired by BorgWarner in October 2020. The acquisition strengthened the company’s electronics and power electronics products, and aftermarket product offerings.
- Mitsubishi constructed a plant on the premises of its Subsidiary Mitsubishi Electric Automotive Czech s.r.o (MEAC) in Slany, Czech Republic. The new plant will enable MEAC to increase its mass production of motor and inverter systems for electric vehicle.
Key Segments Covered in Europe Electric Powertrain Market: –
- Europe Electric Powertrain Market by Component
- Battery Management System (BMS)
- Thermal Management System
- DC/AC Converter
- DC/DC Converter
- Body Control Module
- On-Board Charger
- Europe Electric Powertrain Market by EV Type
- Europe Electric Powertrain Market by Powertrain Type
- BEV Powertrain
- Series Hybrid Powertrain
- Parallel Hybrid Powertrain
- Series-Parallel Hybrid Powertrain
- Europe Electric Powertrain Market by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Cars
- Commercial Vehicles
- Europe Electric Powertrain Market by Geography
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe (Belgium, Italy, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Portugal, Spain, Austria, Romania and Others)
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Snapshot of Europe Electric Powertrain Market
- Industry Value Chain and Ecosystem Analysis
- Market size and Segmentation of the Europe Electric Powertrain Market
- Historic Growth of Overall Europe Electric Powertrain Market and Segments
- Competition Scenario of the Market and Key Developments of Competitors
- Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of Europe Electric Powertrain Industry
- Overview, Product Offerings, and SWOT Analysis of Key Competitors
- Covid 19 Impact on the Overall Europe Electric Powertrain Market
- Future Market Forecast and Growth Rates of the Total Europe Electric Powertrain Market and by Segments
- Market Size of Application / End User Segments with Historical CAGR and Future Forecasts
- Analysis of Electric Powertrain Market in Major European Countries
- Major Production / Consumption Hubs in the Major European Countries
- Major Production/Supply and Consumption/Demand Hubs in Each Major Country
- Major Country-wise Historic and Future Market Growth Rates of the Total Market and Segments
- Overview of Notable Emerging Competitor Companies within Each Major Country
Companies Mentioned in the Report: –
- Major Competitors in Electric Powertrain Mentioned in the Report
- Continental AG
- Hitachi Astemo, Ltd.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Hanon Systems
- Notable Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
- BWS e-Mobility
- Vitesco Technology
- Voltabox AG
- EV Europe
- Energy Storage Solutions
- Advanced Electric Machines
- Northvolt AB
- Raydiall Automotive
- Nawa Technologies
Time Period Captured in the Report
- Historical Period: 2017-2021
- Forecast Period: 2022-2027F
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report
- Electric Powertrain Manufacturer Companies
- Electric Powertrain Distributors
- Electric Powertrain Component Suppliers
- Potential Investors in Electric Powertrain Companies
- Electric Mobility Association
- Electric Vehicle Charging Sector Organizations
- Automobile Companies
- Battery Equipment Companies
- Automotive Research & Development Institutes
- Government Departments of Transportation
- Ministries of Clean Energy
- Ministries of Automotive Industry
- Environment Control and Emission Regulatory Organizations
- Consulting Companies in the electric mobility sector
- BEV and Hybrid Powertrain Manufacturers
- Transportation Industry Regulatory Organizations
- Renewable Energy Research Organizations
- Electric Vehicle Industry Investment Funds/Banks
For More Information on the Research Report, refer to below links: –
Contact Us: –
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications