Driven By Skilled Labor Shortage, the Emergence of Smart Factories and an increase in Warehouse Automation the Commercial and Industrial Robots Market in the Asia Pacific is forecasted to cross US$130 Bn by 2027 says Ken Research Study
Undoubtedly, there is a growing prominence of robots in various commercial and industrial activities necessitated by multiple driving factors, apart from long-term objectives to enhance efficiency, quality, precision, and safety at workplaces. Further among all the regions, Asia Pacific is found to be the largest regional market for these robots. Ken Research shares 5 key insights on this high opportunity market from its latest research study.
According to Ken Research estimates, the Commercial and Industrial Robots Market – which grew from around US$35 Bn in 2017 to nearly US$50 Bn in 2021 – is expected to grow further into a more than US$130 Bn opportunity by 2027.
- Asia Pacific Commercial and Industrial Robots Market witnessed notable growth Driven by The Adoption of Robotics Solutions in Many New End-User Segments Such as Education and Healthcare.
The Asia Pacific Commercial and Industrial Robots Market witnessed substantial growth despite a decline during 2019. The decline was primarily due to global economic slowdown and growth challenges within key End User industries such as Automotive, Electrical and Electronics, Metals and Machinery during the initial period of the COVID-19 pandemic that created disruptions in the entire supply chain. However, the market rebounded in 2021 and is forecast to cross $130 Bn by 2027 from ~ $50 Bn in 2021, witnessing a CAGR of ~17% during this period.
Request for Sample Report@ https://bit.ly/3LwghsP
- The Asia Pacific has the Highest Industrial Robot Density in the World Owing to the Growth of Smart Factories and Major Manufacturing Countries in the Region have a Multifold Density Than the Global and Regional Average
The growing trend of Smart factories, with advanced digital production technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data analytics, and IoT (internet of things) for efficient and effective manufacturing is a primary driver for the increased adoption of robots. Smart factory machinery constantly collects and shares data which can be further used to design preventive measures to avoid manufacturing shutdown.
According to the 2021 World Robot Statistics, issued by the International Federation of Robotics (IFR), the global average robot density in the manufacturing industry doubled to about 126 robots per 10,000 employees by 2020 from just 66 in 2015. Further, Asia’s average robot density is reported to be the highest among all regions and it had been growing by 18% CAGR since 2015 to 134 units per 10,000 employees in 2020. In addition, the average robot density of major Asian manufacturing countries is far higher than the global average as stated by the IFR report.
- Extremely High Cost of Robots Deters Most Potential End User Companies Limiting Market Prospects
Despite the several advantages offered by robots within manufacturing and commercial activities, most potential end-user companies are unable to afford them owing to the very high costs of purchasing and installing them. Many companies struggle to invest such huge capital as these robots also need expert training and regular maintenance afterward. This severe challenge limits the much higher growth potential of the commercial and industrial robots market.
- Articulated Robots Dominate Market Contributing Over Half of Revenue Share and They are Likely to Retain Dominance Even During Forecast Period
Among the product segments, Articulated Robots remained the dominant segment during the 2017-2021 period contributing over half of the market revenue share. Further the Research Study found that this segment is likely to retain dominance even by 2027. Their dominance is owing to the versatility offered through the many applications they can fulfill, including arc welding, material handling, assembly, part transfer, pick and place, packaging, machine loading, and palletizing among others. Further, their accuracy and style of arm movements closely mimic those of the human hand.
However, Field and Service Robots segment is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period at about 22%. These robots are non-factory application-oriented mobile robots that have some mobility and are adopted usually in retail, hospitality, healthcare, warehouse, or distribution centers.
- Few Diverse Global Players Dominate the Market Holding More than Half of Market Revenue Share Despite Presence of over 250 Competitors
The Asia Pacific Commercial and Industrial Robots industry is highly fragmented in nature with over 250 participants comprising global players (having presence in 2 or more continents), regional players (having presence in multiple countries within the Asia Pacific), and Country-Niche Players (presence limited to just 1 country or very niche presence in the value chain). Most of Country-Niche players are components & assembling suppliers. Some of these who successfully create application-specific solutions often get acquired by large global players seeking to grow & diversify quickly.
However, the Research study found that few diversified global players control a dominant share of the market, and a significant number of these players are headquartered within the Asia Pacific region, enabling its strong production and consumption balance.
Key Topics Covered in the Report: –
- Snapshot of Asia Pacific Commercial and Industrial Robots Market
- Industry Value Chain and Ecosystem Analysis
- Market size and Segmentation of Asia Pacific Commercial and Industrial Robots Market
- Historic Growth of Overall Asia Pacific Commercial and Industrial Robots Market and Segments
- Competition Scenario of the Market and Key Developments of Competitors
- Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of Asia Pacific Commercial and Industrial Robots Market Industry
- Overview, Product Offerings, and SWOT Analysis of Key Competitors
- Covid 19 Impact on the Overall Asia Pacific Commercial and Industrial Robots Market
- Future Market Forecast and Growth Rates of the Total Asia Pacific Commercial and Industrial Robots Market and by Segments
- Market Size of Application / End User Segments with Historical CAGR and Future Forecasts
- Analysis of Commercial and Industrial Robots Market in Major Asia Pacific Countries
- Major Production / Consumption Hubs in the Major Asia Pacific Countries
- Major Production/Supply and Consumption/Demand Hubs in Each Major Country
- Major Country-wise Historic and Future Market Growth Rates of the Total Market and Segments
- Overview of Notable Emerging Competitor Companies within Each Major Country
Companies Mentioned in the Report: –
- Major Competitors in Commercial and Industrial Robots Mentioned in the Report
- Yaskawa Electric Corporation
- FANUC Corporation
- KUKA AG
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Stäubli Robotics,
- Hyundai Robotics
- Seiko Epson
- Notable Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
- Sugimoto robot (Shanghai) Automation Technology Co., Ltd.
- Xpeng Robotics
- TELEXISTENCE Inc
- Ascent Robotics
- PLEN Robotics
- LOUNGE’LAB Inc.
- Accio Robotics
- Sastra Robotics Pvt Ltd
- Asimov Robotics
- Brain Navi Biotechnology
- Techman Robot
Time Period Captured in the Report: –
- Historical Period: 2017-2021
- Forecast Period: 2022-2027F
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report
- Robots Manufacturers
- Commercial and Industrial Robots Manufacturers
- Commercial and Industrial Robots Product Assemblers
- Commercial and Industrial Robots Component suppliers
- Raw Material Suppliers for Commercial and Industrial Robots
- Potential Investors in Commercial and Industrial Robots Companies
- Value Added Resellers of Robots
- Industrial OEMs of Commercial and Industrial Robots
- Industrial Automation Solutions Providers
- Robotics Industry Associations
- Robotics Research Groups
- Government Ministries of Electronics
- Government Ministries of Heavy Industries
- Regulatory Organizations for Robots
- Consulting Companies in Commercial and Industrial Robots
For More Information on the Research Report, refer to below links: –
Contact Us: –
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications